Last modified 12 July 2019.
Conch Cab respects your privacy. We have provided this document to explain to you how we may collect personal information from you and how that information is used. This policy specifically applies to:
- Riders: users who request or receive transportation.
- Drivers: users who provide transportation individually or through partner transportation companies.
- Anybody visiting our website, using our app, or contacting us.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we collect from you
In order to provide you with our services, it may be necessary to collect certain information. This information may be collected from you directly by us, or may be collected by one of our service providers or partners and passed on to us. We treat all information we receive identically whether or not we collect it ourselves.
Information we collect
The following information is collected by or on behalf of Conch Cab:
Information you provide
This may include:
- User profile: We collect information when you create or update your Conch Cab account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password/PIN, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification number(s), driver’s license or passport if required by law, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Conch Cab account.
- Background check information: We may collect background check information if you sign up to use Conch Cab’s services as a driver. This may include information such as your driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a vendor on Conch Cab’s behalf.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. We may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
- User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact Conch Cab, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact Conch Cab.
Information created when you use our services
This may include:
Depending on the Conch Cab services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a driver, Conch Cab may collect location information when the Conch Cab app or website is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- If you are a rider, Conch Cab collects location information when the Conch Cab website or app is running in the foreground, and may also collect this information when the Conch Cab app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Riders may use the Conch Cab website or app without enabling Conch Cab to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your Conch Cab app. For example, if you do not enable Conch Cab to collect your location information, you may not be able to request a ride. In addition, location information may be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Conch Cab to collect your location information.
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
We enable users to communicate with each other and Conch Cab through the Conch Cab apps, websites, and other services. For example, we enable drivers and riders to call or text each other. To provide this service, Conch Cab may receive some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. Conch Cab may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
Information from other sources
These may include:
- User feedback, such as as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Conch Cab business partners through which you create or access your Conch Cab account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites who use Conch Cab’s APIs or whose API Conch Cab uses (such as when you order a ride through Google Maps).
- Insurance providers (if you are a driver).
- Financial services providers (if you are a driver).
- Partner transportation companies (if you are a driver who uses our services through an account associated with such a company).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Conch Cab may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
Web Tracking / Aggregated Data
In order to improve the quality of our website, track the performance of advertising campaigns, and handle affiliate payments, we utilize web statistics software provided by Google. This software aggregates information about visitors to our websites. Personally identifiable information is not included, and we cannot use this information to contact you.
How we use your information
Conch Cab uses the information it collects for purposes including:
Providing services and features
Conch Cab uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services.
- Process or facilitate payments for those services.
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- To track the progress of your ride.
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver, refer a friend to Conch Cab, split fares, or share your ETA.
- Enable features to personalize your Conch Cab account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Conch Cab uses the information we collect to assist you when you contact our customer support services.
Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
Communications among users
Conch Cab uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver may text or call a rider to confirm a pickup location.
Communications from Conch Cab
Conch Cab may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
Conch Cab may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as an Conch Cab user.
Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Conch Cab 's services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Conch Cab may share the information we collect:
With other users
For example, if you are a rider, we may share your name, telephone, selected emoji representation, photo, average rider rating given by drivers, and pickup and/or dropoff locations with drivers.
If you are a driver, we may share information with your rider(s) including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location; average rating provided by riders; total number of trips; for how long you have been using the Conch Cab app; and contact information. If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past riders have submitted about you. The rider will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your name, photo, and a map of the route you took.
At your request
This includes sharing your information with persons or organzations that you authorize.
With the owner of Conch Cab accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile. This occurs, for example, if you are a driver using an account owned by a partner transportation company.
With Conch Cab subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf.
With Conch Cab service providers and business partners
Conch Cab may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Background check providers (drivers only).
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Conch Cab or on Conch Cab’s behalf.
- Vendors that assist Conch Cab to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Fleet partners.
- Insurance and financing partners.
- Cruise ports.
- Local providers.
- Restaurant partners.
- Vehicle solution vendors or third party vehicle suppliers.
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Conch Cab may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
We explicitly reserve the right to provide any information you give us to such authorities without a search warrant or subpoena.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Conch Cab’s rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
With your consent
Conch Cab may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Third-Party Linked Sites
We may link to third-party sites. Unless otherwise noted, Conch Cab (and/or its editors, partners, licensors and contributors) is not affiliated with, endorses or is responsible for the content of the linked site.